Sunday, March 4, 2012

Exploring a bit...

I'm not going to make long comments here, just because there's really not much to say. This day I was just out looking around and exploring a bit. More or less another day of orienting myself in the city. :-) 

One of my favorite sidewalks in my area... the wall on the left borders the Reina Sofia Museum. 



Here's a shout out to my twinsie and especially to RLH, (you know who you are!).  The sign is kind of small here, but it says Starbucks! This is the first time I had Starbucks in Madrid. 

My iced coffee (I'm sure people were looking at me funny because it wasn't incredibly warm out that day) and a travel guide of Madrid that a previous student left in my bedroom. I sat here for a while flipping through the book and looking for possible things to see. 

My pigeon friend, one of the many thousand that can be found anywhere and everywhere! :-) 


Looks familiar, right Lorene? 

I ate at this kebab place called, DeliKebab. Didn't really taste like a Kebab but it was really good! 

Puerta del Sol, always beautiful. 

Café con leche. You can see I just kept gravitating towards food this day because I didn't really know where to go or what to do. Hahaha. 

View of the street form inside McDonald's. You know, I don't think I could live in the city all my life, but I  think I'll really miss it. 
I know, not much of a post, but I just wanted to share these photos with you. This is what a typical weekend day was like for me in Madrid early on: wandering around, poking in shops, eating good food, drinking café con leche (always!)...just enjoying the city. 

Hasta luego,

Abigail

1 comment: